There are many instances where you may have an ongoing task enabling only approved members to self-determine their own schedule based on predetermined office hours. The below are two common scenarios:
- e.g., I'm one of a few tutors, and I have office hours from 12-4pm every Mon and Tues. Other tutors have their own timeframes. But there needs to be a way where the define tutor times must be visible for those who want to be tutored to register and signup to the available shifts.
- e.g., If I am a volunteer for the Animal Center, and they are open from 8am to 10pm, and they need dog walkers, I can use Timeslots to determine a time I would like to volunteer within the 8am-10pm duration.
To create a Timeslot event, you may go to "Create Event" and on the dropdown option showing "No Shifts/Timeslots" choose "Timeslots" as shown below.
Note, when selecting timeslots, you should make sure you determine if the timeslot is meant for one day, multi-day or open:
- Single Day: An interactive calendar for one day
- Multiday: An interactive calendar for many days
- Open Opportunity: An interactive calendar without any limitation and never ends (ongoing)
Once the above is set up, you will notice the following settings appear, specifically the start/end times section:
If you decide to customize specific dates of the week that are open or closed you can select the "Specific days of the week" selector and see the following:
Note: Just like all other events, opportunities, and shifts in GivePulse, you are able to add custom fields to every self-determined registration on the Timeslot. e.g., if you want an individual to register and fill out additional fields like "what would you prefer to do during their time?", or "what is your t-shirt size" this will help provide more data for you assess down the road. This can be set in the "Registration" section.
Article is closed for comments.