Group registration to an event can be done in the following ways:
- Individuals signing up on behalf of the group: letting members register individually -
- If you decide to empower individual members to register themselves, upon registration there is an option for them to register on behalf of your group. If this is done, the admin of the group they registered with will get a notification informing them about the registration.
- In the case, the admin wants to reserve a set amount of spots (spaces) for a group, they may do so through "reservations". For more information you may go to reservations.
- If you decide you want group leaders (the main contact) to register on behalf of their group, the admin will have to turn this feature on.
Previously as of Dec 20th, 2016 (there was a setting to activate group registration). Now moving forward, all events have group registration built in to its workflow. e.g., as shown below you'll notice on the far right a few options:
- Add From Group
- Allows admins of existing groups to add members into an event.
- Upload CSV
- Allows admins to bulk upload a basic csv of people who want to be registered to the event.
- Ability to clear out all inputs on the current screen.
Note: In the case there are custom fields requested for all registrants to fill out, including liability waivers, all registrants added by another individual into the system are placed into a "pending status" and are not confirmed until they "claim" their reservation.
Note: In the case you are in an event with shifts, there is a step for editing or selecting specific dates or shifts.
Note: If you decide to do group registration by Uploading a CSV, you will need to download a CSV template to import a list of all your members that want you to register them. Originally the csv was the below:
Now the csv is simplified to:
As mentioned above, the basic information provided in the csv will allow the system to contact the individual so they may complete and fill out further requirements (e.g., liability waivers and custom fields requested by the admin).
As the admin or team lead who is registering the whole group into the event, you have the opportunity of managing the group attendee list by navigating to the event and "updating registration".