For Impacts to be eligible for corporate matching programs, they must meet the following criteria:
1. Impact must be given directly to an eligible Non-Profit Organization. A qualified charitable organization is a non-profit organization that meets country rules and regulations. In the US, the IRS defines a qualified charity as a 501(c)(3). In order to be a 501(c)(3), an organization must meet certain criteria outlined by the IRS.
The corporate sponsor of the matching program may further specify which types of Non-Profit Organizations are eligible for their matching programs.
2. In order for an NPO to be eligible for impact matching they must be “Verified” by GivePulse. To become a verified NPO, all NPOs need to correctly fill out their Group Profile information on GivePulse and keep it up to date. Mandatory information to successfully be verified includes your Tax ID (EIN), address and the name of your NPO. NPOs must also opt in to using GuideStar to keep their key information up to date. Creating a GuideStar profile provide unbiased information to help donors and key stakeholders make educated decisions about nonprofits and the work they do.
Non-Profits who want to create an account with Guidestar please click here.
3. All impacts must be created during the outlined program period to receive a match from Corporate sponsor. Match Eligibility Period is determined by program administrators.
4. All impacts must be verified by an NPO administrator or event organizer before a match request can be made. If you are awaiting verification you can send a reminder verification request through My Impacts.
If your impact meets all 5 criteria above but is ineligible because of an error in the impact record follow the steps below to remediate:
1. If your impact meets all the requirements you may be awaiting verification. Please allow 3 business days from the date of submission for the NPO organizer or group administrator to process and verify your impact. If your impact is still pending after this period you can resend a verification request through My Impacts.
2. In the case there is a dispute to a verification, you will receive an email alerting you to the dispute status of your verification. To respond and remedy the dispute please go to My Impacts and click on the red Dispute button to edit your impact or contact the organizer.
3. To edit your impact to meet program requirements go to your Dashboard and under Impacts select My Impacts. Then click the drop down arrow next to your Impact status and select Update Impact from the drop down box next to the impact in question. Now you are able to edit your impact and save your changes by clicking the green Update Impact button and the bottom left corner.