The GivePulse platform integrates with any LMS through its very own LTI. You can embed the GivePulse LTI into assignments and courses to organize service-learning and all community engagement from a single location. For instructions on how to set up this integration with Blackboard, see below.
Setting Up the Integration
1. Review this article and complete the necessary tasks
2. Login to Blackboard as an admin.
3. Click System Admin.
4. In the Integrations section, click LTI Tool Providers.
5. Click Register Provider Domain.
6. Enter the following information:
Provider Domain: www.givepulse.com *
Provider Domain Status: Select Approved
Default Configuration: Select Set globally
Tool Provider Key: Paste the LTI Key copied from Step 1 above
Tool Provider Secret: Paste the LTI Secret copied Step 1 above
Send User Data: Select Send user data over any connection
User Fields to Send: Check Role in Course, Name, & Email Address
7. Click Submit.
8. Navigate to the LTI Tool Providers page.
9. Hover over www.givepulse.com, click on the arrow, and click Manage Placements.
10. Click Create Placement.
11. Enter the following information:
Label: GivePulse or your choice of another descriptive label
Availability: Select Yes (to make placement available to course builders & instructors)
Type: Select Course tool: Select Student (to allow Student to access LTI Pro)
Tool Provider URL: www.givepulse.com/lti/course *
Tool Provider Key and Secret should populate from the initial setup.
12. Click Submit
*Please note: If you have your own subdomain (e.g. uark.givepulse.com), you should use your subdomain URL in place of www.givepulse.com. If you would like to test the integration, you can do so by using dev.givepulse.com or subdomain-dev.givepulse.com (uark-dev.givepulse.com) in place of www.givepulse.com. If you need help accessing your dev site, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Installing GivePulse LTI in Course Navigation
Note: By default GivePulse app is disabled. Every instructor who wants to use it will have to do the following steps.
1. Open the course where you would like to add GivePulse.
2. Hover over + and choose Tool Link.
3. Complete the Tool Link options.
Name: Enter the title you would like displayed for the GivePulse link in your course navigation.
Type: Select the option that matches the label you designed during the initial setup, eg. GivePulse.
Available to users: Check this option so that students can see the link to the GivePulse as well.