The GivePulse platform integrates with any LMS through its very own LTI. You can embed the GivePulse LTI into assignments and courses to organize service-learning and all community engagement from a single location. For instructions on how to set up this integration with Moodle, see below.
Setting Up the Integration
1. Review this article and complete the necessary tasks
2. Sign in to Moodle as an administrator and go to Site Administration > Plugins.
3. Choose Manage tools.
4. Click configure a tool manually to create the GivePulse LTI.
5. Configure the external tool with the following:
- Tool name: GivePulse (or what you want the tool to be called.
- Tool URL: Paste the LTI URL: https://www.givepulse.com/lti/course *
- Consumer key: Paste the LTI Key from Step 1.
- Consumer secret: Paste the LTI Secret from Step 1.
- Tool configuration usage: “Show as preconfigured tool when adding an external tool”
- Default launch container: “Embed, without blocks”
6. In the privacy section, configure the following:
Share launcher’s name with the tool: “Always”
Share launcher’s email with the tool: “Always”
7. Click Save changes.
8. Once complete, the GivePulse LTI will be listed as a tool.
*Please note: If you have your own subdomain (e.g. uark.givepulse.com), you should use your subdomain URL in place of www.givepulse.com. If you would like to test the integration, you can do so by using dev.givepulse.com or subdomain-dev.givepulse.com (uark-dev.givepulse.com) in place of www.givepulse.com. If you need help accessing your dev site, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Installing GivePulse LTI in a Moodle Course
Note: By default GivePulse app is disabled. Every instructor who wants to use it will have to do the following steps.
1. Sign in as an instructor, go to the course, and turn on editing in the course.
2. Add an activity to the course.
3. Choose External tool.
4. On the adding a new External tool page, choose the existing GivePulse (or whatever you named the tool) and save the setting.
5. Click **Save and return to course **
For additional reference, you can also review Moodle's external tool setup instructions.