The GivePulse platform integrates with any LMS through its very own LTI. You can embed the GivePulse LTI into assignments and courses to organize service-learning and all community engagement from a single location. For instructions on how to set up this integration with Schoology, see below.
Setting Up the Integration
1. Review this article and complete the necessary tasks
2. Login to Schoology as a System Admin
3. Click Tools then School Management
4. Click Integration
5. Click the External Tools tab at the top of the page
6. Click Add External Tool Provider
7. Fill out the necessary information in the pop-up window as follows:
- Tool name: GivePulse (or anything else you would like to name the tool)
- Consumer Key: Paste the LTI Key from Step 1
- Shared Secret: Paste the LTI Secret from Step 1
- Privacy: Select Send Name and Email/Username of user who launches
- Configuration Type: select Manual
- Match by: Select URL
- Domain/URL: enter the LTI URL - https://www.givepulse.com/lti/course *
8. Click Submit
*Please note: If you have your own subdomain (e.g. uark.givepulse.com), you should use your subdomain URL in place of www.givepulse.com. If you would like to test the integration, you can do so by using dev.givepulse.com or subdomain-dev.givepulse.com (uark-dev.givepulse.com) in place of www.givepulse.com. If you need help accessing your dev site, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Installing GivePulse LTI in a Course
Note: By default GivePulse app is disabled. Every instructor who wants to use it will have to do the following steps.
1. Login to Schoology as a course Admin and navigate to the course where you would like to add GivePulse.
2. Click Materials on the left menu in the course
3. Click Add Materials
4. Click Add File/Link/External Tool
5. Choose External Tool
- Tool Provider: Select GivePulse (or what you entered for Tool Name in Step 7 above)
- Title: GivePulse (or whatever else you would like the tool to appear as in the course)
6. Click Submit
For additional reference, you can also review Schoology's instructions on External and LTI Tools
Article is closed for comments.