The GivePulse platform integrates with any LMS through its very own LTI. Embed the GivePulse LTI into assignments and courses to organize service-learning and all community engagement from a single location. For instructions on how to set up this integration with Canvas, see below.
Setting Up the Integration
1. Review this article and complete the necessary tasks
2. Navigate to your Canvas Account, click Admin, and then the name of the account where you would like to add the GivePulse app.
3. Click Settings from the menu on the left panel.
4. Click Apps.
5. Search 'GivePulse' inside the search box. You should see the GivePulse app.
6. Click on GivePulse in the search area and enter the LTI Key and Secret from Step 1.
7. Click on Add App.
Alternatively, the integration can also be set up by following these steps:
1. Complete steps 1-4 as listed above
2. Click View App Configurations.
3. Click + App.
4. Complete the Add App page as follows:
Configuration Type: Select Paste XML
Name: Enter GivePulse or another name to indicate that this app is for GivePulse.
Consumer Key: Paste the LTI Key from Step 1
Shared Secret: Paste the LTI Secret from Step 1
XML Configuration: Copy and paste the XML from link below:
Add LTI App for a Single Course
- Get the LTI Key and LTI Secret for your GivePulse group.
- In canvas navigate to your course where you would like to integrate GivePulse LTI app.
- Click On Settings and Navigate to Apps tab
- Search GivePulse inside the search bar on the page, GivePulse App will appear.
- Click on the GivePulse app. Click on the +Add App button.
- Enter Key and secret in the modal, retrieved from the first step.
- Click on the Add App button.
*Please note: If you have your own subdomain (e.g. jcu.givepulse.com), you should use your subdomain URL in place of www.givepulse.com. If you would like to test the integration, you can do so by using dev.givepulse.com or subdomain-dev.givepulse.com (jcu-dev.givepulse.com) in place of www.givepulse.com. If you need help accessing your dev site, please reach out to email@example.com.
Installing GivePulse LTI in Course Navigation
Note: By default the GivePulse app is disabled. Each instructor must complete the following steps in order to use the app in Canvas.
1. Log in to Canvas as the course instructor or administrator and navigate to the course where you would like to add the GivePulse app.
2. Click Settings.
3. Click Navigations.
4. Drag GivePulse from the hidden items to the place where you would like to appear in the Navigation.
5. Click Save.
If you'd like to complete the GivePulse LTI Integration with another LMS provider please check out our other articles or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.