Why is the Carnegie Elective Classifications and GivePulse asking for the campus IPEDs Unit ID?
GivePulse has integrated the Carnegie Elective Classification for Community Engagement application with IPEDs data to:
- include relevant information in the application, including enrollment, total number of faculty, etc.
- assess an application fee based on the institutional full time enrollment (FTE) equivalent and instructional investment on the students.
How are the application fees assessed?
The application fee is assessed according to a campus’ available resources, as designated by the number of FTEs and instructional expenses per FTE. The Elective Classification Central Office believes this constitutes a more equitable system for applying for the classification. You can learn more about this decision here.
Is there a fee waiver process?
The Classification is intended to invite wide participation and not exclude any campus from participating because of the inability to cover the application fee. Campuses may request a fee waiver prior to accessing the online application by emailing us at email@example.com.
My campus does not authorize payments that include credit card fees. How do I request an invoice?
- Enter the IPEDs Unit ID to calculate the application fee and select “continue” to proceed to the payment page.
- Complete the information under “Member Information”. This individual will be classified as the “primary applicant” for the institution.
- Under “Payment Details” select “Send me an invoice.”
- Complete the information under “Requested Information for Order.”
- Select “Submit.” The Carnegie Elective Classification Central Office will send an invoice.
The information on the landing page (campus name, assessed fee, etc.) does not look correct. Who do I contact for assistance?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the error. Please include a screenshot of the error to assist our team with sourcing a solution.
Article is closed for comments.