With GivePulse-Anthology Integration (formerly Campus Labs), we streamline processes and increase student engagement, data management, and logistics by integrating workflows and data between systems. Once your campus enables the integration with Anthology Engage, follow these steps to start syncing Service-Themed Events on Anthology Engage to GivePulse.
When enabled, service-themed events created in Engage will be cloned into GivePulse. If you sync group memberships, service events will be placed in the respective group they are mapped to on GivePulse. If not, they will be placed under the top-level group in your network. Attendance data will also be shared between the two platforms, when a user registers or attends one of these events in GivePulse they will have a corresponding RSVP/Attendance record created in Engage.
To access these new features, you will need to create a key or update the permissions on your API key in Engage. You may need to reach out to the primary administrator of your Engage instance for assistance setting this up.
Retrieve an API from Anthology
Community Administrators in Anthology Engage have access to create an API Key to help set up syncing.
To create your API key:
- Navigate to your Switchboard, and select Configure > API Keys.
- If you already utilize Membership Roster Syncing you can update the permissions on your existing key by selecting the key you would like to edit.
- If you have not set up a API key for Membership Syncing or Service Event and Attendance Syncing select "Create a New Key". Make sure to use the Live Key option, and disable the Restrict to IP setting under access. You should set the following permissions for the key:
- GET: Communities, EventAttendance, EventRsvps, Events, OrganizationMembers, OrganizationPositionHolders, Organizations.
- POST: EventAttendance, EventRsvps.
- PATCH: EventAttendance, EventRsvps.
If you have any questions about creating your key, contact the Anthology Engage Support Team at https://engagesupport.campuslabs.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
Setting up in GivePulse
- From your Group Dashboard, navigate to More Tools > Engage Integration.
- Enter the API Key you obtained from Anthology in the box provided, click Save.
- If the key is entered correctly, you'll see the option to turn Service Event and Attendance Syncing on. Please note: The sync will only work if you have enable the proper permissions on the API key.
Attendance Status Syncing
When enabled, service events created in Engage will be cloned into GivePulse. If you are syncing the student organizations above, then the service events will be placed in those groups. If not, they will be placed under the top-level group in your network.
When a user registers for one of these events in GivePulse and attends, cancels, etc, they will have a corresponding RSVP/Attendance record created in Engage*.
|GivePulse Status||Engage Status|
|Registered||RSVP - Response = Yes|
|Canceled||RSVP - Response = No|
|Declined||RSVP - Response = No|
|Attended||Attendance - Status = Attended|
|No Show||Attendance - Status = Absent|
* "Waiting Approval", "Waitlist" and "Unconfirmed" registrations are not sent to Engage
* If a user is marked as "Attended", then later marked as "Canceled" or "Declined" they will be set to "Excused" in Engage, anything else will show up as "NA" in Engage.