With the GivePulse-Anthology (formerly known as Campus Labs) Integration, we can integrate workflows and data between our different systems to streamline the processes to increase student engagement, data management, and logistics so that all stakeholders from both systems can benefit. Once your campus has enabled the integration with Anthology Engage, you can complete the following steps to begin fully syncing subgroup and Engage organization data.
- Before syncing groups from the Engage platform ensure the group rosters are up to date with current student members. You want to avoid syncing student users that are no longer enrolled or active. We recommend you focus on syncing groups actively engaged in the community. Questions? Reach out to our support team.
- When you sync these groups, the following information in GivePulse will be updated to appear as it does in Anthology Engage: users, user memberships roles, group title, group description, group address, etc. When syncing memberships, the system will use email and SSO username to find an existing user. If the user is not found, we create a user and add it to the GivePulse group. If a member is removed from a group in Engage, they will be removed from the group in GivePulse. If a group is marked inactive in Engage, they will be marked as administrative in GivePulse.
Retrieve API Key from Anthology
Community Administrators in Anthology Engage have access to create an API Key to help set up the subgroup and organization integration. To create your API key, navigate to your Switchboard, click on Admin, and then select Configure tab to navigate to the API Keys section. You will need to Create a New Key, title the API to help you better understand and manage your API keys, use the Live Key, and disable the Restrict to IP setting under access. Once these settings have been selected you can give the endpoint access to GET Organizations, including Organization Members, Organization Position Holders, and Organizations. If you have any questions about creating your key, feel free to reach out to the Anthology Engage Support Team at https://engagesupport.campuslabs.com/hc/en-us/requests/new.
Setting up in GivePulse
- From your group dashboard, navigate to More Tools > Engage Integration
- Enter the API Key you obtained from Anthology in the box provided, click Save.
If the key is entered correctly, you'll see 3 dropdown menus as shown below. The first dropdown populates with Engage Organizations. The second will populate with options to create groups and GivePulse groups. The third dropdown populates with only GivePulse groups. The third dropdown is for the placement of the new group.
Note: In GivePulse, memberships roll-up. This means that if you are a member of a subgroup, you will automatically become a member of the parent group. Because of this, we only allow the syncing of "leaf" type groups (groups with no subgroups). If your GivePulse group has multiple subgroups, you will not be able to map Engage organizations under it.
Below that, you may also see a grid that will display the GivePulse groups that have already been synced with Engage organizations.
Adding an Engage Organization as a New GivePulse Group
Please follow these steps if a new organization was added to Engage and does not currently exist in GivePulse.
- Using the first dropdown menu, first select the Engage organization you'd like to create.
- In the second menu, select 'Create new group'. Note: if you want to create all of your Engage organizations as GivePulse groups, you can select 'Create all groups'.
- In the third column, select the group you'd like this new group to live under in GivePulse.
- Click Save
Mapping an Engage Organization to an Existing GivePulse Group
Please follow these steps to connect an existing Anthology Engage organization to an existing GivePulse group.
- Using the first dropdown menu, first select the Engage organization in question.
- In the second menu, select the matching GivePulse group and click Save
- If done correctly, you'll see the following in the grid below
All Anthology Engage organizations are synced nightly with GivePulse groups.
To manually sync all of the currently mapped groups, you can use the Sync All Groups button. In the top right of the screen, you'll see a Sync All Groups button.
Clicking this button will sync all of the currently mapped groups. You can sync an individual group via the Actions dropdown in the grid.
When you sync these groups, the following information in GivePulse will be updated to appear as it does in Anthology Engage: users, user memberships roles, group title, group description, group address, etc. When syncing memberships, the system will use email and SSO username to find an existing user. If the user is not found, we create a user and add it to the GivePulse group. If a member is removed from a group in Engage, they will be removed from the group in GivePulse. If a group is marked inactive in Engage, they will be marked as administrative in GivePulse.
If you opt to remove a connection, the Engage organization and the GivePulse group will no longer be synced.
Removing Members From your Organization
To remove a member from your organization, follow the steps HERE
Article is closed for comments.