To post an event, project, or opportunity (without the need of a login) you can use the "List Event" option on the top right of the screen. However, we recommend all admins to have a login and to create a group and add events through their group's dashboard. Once logged in, you'll see something like the below to manage your personal and group account:
On the group dashboard, you can select the "Events" section on the lefthand admin panel and you'll notice many ways to manage your events including, accessing current events. To create a new event, click on the option "Add Event". Selecting this will guide you through a process to fill out the required fields. To immediately create an event, you will need to enter the following:
- Name of the event
- Type- volunteer opportunity, event, project, fundraiser, donation drive, ticketed event, pledge.
- Duration- single day, multi-day, recurring, random dates throughout the year, or an open opportunity with no defined times? You can also add shifts to your event.
- Privacy Settings- You can make an event private in the settings section.
- Participants needed- the amount of people you believe will be needed. If you have an unlimited number, set it as "-1."
- Admin- the choices available include members and existing admins in your group.
- Description- we suggest creating a description that is short, concise and enticing to drive interest to your event!
After going through all of the above required fields, you will have the option to go into the advanced sections which include adding event specific logos, social media, website links, etc.
Note: Depending on your selections, if you chose "Shifts" or "Timeslots" for your event, there will be additional required fields for you to fill out.
Afterwards, the event is placed into draft mode and you have the option to "Publish".
Registration - Group Registration: If you wanted to enable large groups to register themselves in bulk you may turn this on.
Registration - Collecting Data: If you wanted to collect specific data about your registrants before they attend the event, you may select the default canned fields provided or you may create your own custom fields. Usually, information like T-Shirt size, phone number and emergency contact information is important to know before attending the event. Additional information you may also want to request is "How did you find out about this event?", "What do you know about at-risk children?" etc.,
Registration - Registration Approval: If you wanted to approve each individual when they register, this will allow you to control who is able to register.