To record your community engagement and make a meaningful impact, follow these instructions for adding an impact:
Workflow 1: Add an Impact from any page:
- Share information about your community involvement that made an impact.
- This benefits both you and the organization you engaged with.
Workflow 2: Add an Impact to a specific event: (preferred)
- This streamlines the process by reducing the required input for the impact.
- Choose the event related to your impact and follow the steps to record it.
These are two recommended workflows, but there may be other ways to add impacts, such as directly from GivePulse emails and notifications.
Note: Impacts cannot be made public if you are a private user or the event is private.
Workflow 1: Add impact from any page
- Click "Hi [Name]" at the top right of the page.
- From the drop-down menu, select "Add Impact."
- Specify where you created the impact by searching or browsing your groups.
- Indicate if you attended a listed event or opportunity, based on the group organizer's requirement.
- If enrolled in classes, share impacts with your course accordingly.
- Fill out the required information and submit your impact.
You will be asked where you created an impact. You can search by name or location (if you search by name, make sure you update the location to reflect the location of the group you are looking for) or look through a list of your groups by clicking "My Groups."
Please indicate if you attended a listed event or opportunity. The requirement for this question depends on the group organizer. If it's required, you can only record hours with that group through a listed event. If it's optional, you have the flexibility to record any hours with the organization.
If you are enrolled in classes on GivePulse, you will see the Course Engagement section. Be sure to share impacts with your course accordingly.
You will then fill out the required information and submit your impact (see below for more details).
Workflow 2: Add impact from registration (preferred method)
- Go to "My Activity" on the top bar.
- Select "Registrations" from the drop-down menu.
- Find the event in your registrations list.
- On the right, choose "Add Impact."
In both workflows, you will end up on a page that looks like this:
Provide as much information as possible or as you feel comfortable with while adding an impact. Next, select the groups you want to share the impact with. The chosen group, will automatically receive the shared input. You also have the option to share with additional groups where you are a member.
In both workflows, you will be taken to a page where you provide information and select the groups to share the impact with. Choose between making it public or private.
Once finished, click "Add Impact" to successfully add an impact.
If you have any questions, please Submit a Support Ticket.