Every group and subgroup has the following roles and capabilities. These roles may or may not be assigned to users. Please note that some roles might be hidden based on your tier and subscription, and roles are hierarchical in nature. Here are the explanations of the different roles:
Roles with administrative access:
- Administrator (Admin): Has complete control over the group, including managing roles, modifying group settings, adding new users and impacts, creating events, and more.
- Primary Administrator (Admin): Has all the capabilities of an administrator and serves as the primary contact listed on the group's home page. Only one primary administrator can exist for each group.
- Events Manager: Oversees event management abilities, including duplicating, viewing and communicating with registrants, and all other administrative tasks for events only. Note: Event managers cannot create new events.
- Event Administrator (Admin): Manages event-specific administrative tasks, such as duplicate the same event, view the assigned event's registrants and message registrants, and editing the assigned event settings and details. Similar to the Events Manager, Event Administrators cannot create new events.
- Check-in Attendant: Has the authority to check in or sign in individuals for events.
- Shift Organizer: Holds administrative rights for a specific shift within an event, typically acting as the main point of contact or shift administrator.
- Check-in Attendant and Shift Organizer roles have access to administrative capabilities in the GivePulse app or the GivePulse SignIn app, allowing them to sign in or clock in/out attendees.
User Roles assigned based on user activity or interactions with the group:
- Member: Can join private groups and events shared within the parent group or network. Some groups may require users to complete optional custom fields/surveys before approving membership requests.
- Pending Member: Users who have requested membership but are awaiting approval from the administrator. Their status changes upon approval or denial.
- Registrant: Users who have successfully registered for an event.
- Participant: Users who have registered, attended, and add an impact to an event.
- Donor: Users who have made donations to the group.
- Ticket Buyer: Users who have purchased event tickets.
- Referral: Individuals who register for an event created by another group, as a result of promotion or connection between groups e.g., if there is an event you oversee, and it is promoted into another group page inside GivePulse, and an individual in this other group registers for this event, they will considered a referral.
- Archived: Users marked as inactive or archived by administrators.
- Banned: Users restricted from posting, viewing opportunities, or interacting with the group. They cannot access the group or register for opportunities while logged in but can still view public events as guests.
- Expressed Interest: Users who have shown interest in volunteering or becoming a member of an "unclaimed" group.
- Applicant: Users who have applied for an internship.
You follow this link to learn about: Changing User Roles.
If you have any questions, please Submit a Support Ticket.