As an admin, you can cancel, close, unpublish, or delete an event. You can find that when you open the Event Dashboard and see options on the bottom or in Manage Event in the drop down action options.
- How do I cancel an event?
- How do I close an event?
- How do I unpublish an event?
- Can't find the delete button?
- How do I change the event frequency type?
How Do I Cancel an Event?
- When there are people registered to attend your event, you need to cancel the event first. To cancel, go to "Edit the Event" and then on the side navigation bar, choose from the actions section the choice to "Cancel." Note: this will notify all the registrants that the event is canceled.
How Do I Close an Event?
- In the Event Dashboard Menu, an Admin can 'Close' the event. This way, it will close the event without deleting any event data (registrants, impacts, reflections, or surveys). The data can be kept for data comparison and other purposes.
We recommend closing your events instead of deleting them. If you wish to delete them and not preserve the data, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the event URL.
How do I Unpublish an Event?
Navigate to the "Manage Events" section, where you'll find an "Actions" column that enables you to apply actions such as canceling, deleting, or unpublishing events.
Please note that the "Unpublish" option is only available if the event has no registrants. In the dropdown menu labeled "Actions," you can choose from various buttons to perform different actions for the event
- On Manage events, you will see an "Actions" column to allow you to apply the cancel, delete or unpublish the event.
- In the Actions dropdown menu, you can select different 'actions' buttons for the event.
- Note: You can only 'Unpublish' an event if the event doesn't have any registrants.
Can't find the delete button?
- You may only delete an event if nobody has registered for the event. If this holds true, you may go to "Manage Events", find the event in question, and in the "actions" column, select delete, cancel, or unpublish. The event can also be deleted by going to the event's "Dashboard" as shown below.
Note: When an event has registrants, you will be unable to delete the event or "unpublish". You will only be able to cancel the event.
How do I change the event frequency type?
An admin can modify the event type and frequency even when the event is unpublished. During event creation, you can switch between single, multiple, or ongoing event types before finalizing and publishing it. However, once an event is published and has activity (registrations and impacts), any changes to its type or frequency are no longer possible.
IF your event is unpublished, you can change the event frequency type from Single to Multiple or vice versa.
IF your event is published and has ZERO activity, such as no registrations, you can then UNPUBLISH the event and update the event frequency.
Event Frequency: Define your event frequency (how often?)