When you have people register to your events and opportunities, a registration record is created to represent the status of their registration. The status can be:
- Registered (when someone registers)
- Waiting Approval (when approval is turned on and it needs your admin approval)
- Unconfirmed (they have not filled out key liability forms or required custom fields. This will normally happen if someone bulk registers others or if the admin decided to add them in manually)
- Waitlist (when waitlisting is turned on and the individual is trying to add them into the full event)
- Declined (when the admin declines their registration)
- Cancelled (when the person who registered cancels. Note the admin can also cancel the person too)
- Attended (when the admin "signs in" the individual via the mobile app or via the desktop sign in process. Note, you can also navigate to the Manage Registrations process and on the "actions" column, "sign in" or mark the individual as attended)
- No Show (the admin marks the individual as a no show)
To Sign-In individuals, you must have the following roles:
- Event Manager
- Check-In (aka Sign-In) Attendant
To mark people as "attended", the individual has to be registered (or have a registration record). When there is a registration record and it's currently in the "Registered" state, the admin can sign the user in in one of the following ways.
Sign In via Mobile App
Use the Mobile Downloadable GivePulse app's Admin features to sign people in (go here to learn more). The mobile app allows you to manage your volunteer profile and switch over to the "Admin" end to sign in, clockin/out volunteers etc. For the purposes of signing people in, you can navigate to the "Sign In" view and swipe left or right to update people's attendance or to flag them as a no-show. In the instance that you swipe someone's attendance, this will also automatically create a verified impact
Sign In via Web Browser
You can also use the a desktop version of GivePulse to sign users in (via PC, Laptop etc.). Note: those with chromebooks can download the Google Play store and also access the GivePulse app
To sign registrants in, you must first go to the event dashboard. Under "Registrations" on the left side of the page, you'll find the option to "Sign Registrants In".
Here you will find a listing of the current registrants. You can filter the list by using the search box to look up a specific name, date, or start time of the shift to narrow down your listing. Additionally you can expand the list to show more registrants by adjusting the setting at the top of the page.
You can also navigate to the Manage Registrations page. Here you can update each registration record via the "actions" column and "Reassign, Sign In (Mark Attended), Cancel, Decline or Flag the individual as a no show." If waitlisting is enabled for your event, you will also have the option to add the registrant to the waitlist.
To learn more about the Sign-In feature without an internet connection (Sign-In Locally) click here.
Article is closed for comments.